Hard water quickly builds up in toilets, sinks, floors, shower walls, and faucets. This buildup eventually results in rust and scale, which destroy your bathroom and are difficult to clean. Check this blog to learn how to remove hard water stains from bathroom floor tiles.
But before you start, you need to make sure older stains can be challenging to remove and you might need the help of professional tile and grout cleaners. However, you can try these methods but do not try any hash cleaning as it can damage your tile or grout.
How to remove hard water stains from bathroom floor tiles?
↣ Bathroom Water Softener
Installing bathroom softener eliminates hard water damage. Bathroom water softeners use an ion exchange process to replace excess calcium and magnesium with sodium or potassium ions. The water used after adding water softener is less hard and less likely to stain the tiles.
↣ Baking Soda
When it comes to cleaning hard stains from floors, this kitchen product works miracles. It is a natural polish that works well and is suitable to use on bathroom floors.
- Make a paste with 1/4 cup baking soda and water.
- Use an old toothbrush to apply the paste to the affected area and leave it on for 12 hours before scrubbing or washing away any residue.
↣ White Vinegar
White vinegar is a common and safe cleaning ingredient. It is mildly acidic, which helps get rid of the hard water marks. It cuts through all the mineral deposits and quickly removes hard stains from bathroom tiles.
- Make a solution by mixing an equal portion of white vinegar and water.
- Spray the solution on the stained bathroom tiles. Let it sit for a while, then scrub it off with a brush or sponge.
Salt is another useful kitchen ingredient. It helps to remove the hard stain on bathroom tiles; moreover, it is an excellent disinfectant and will also kill any bacteria present in your bathroom.
NOTE: Ensure the bathroom floor is wet when using salt to remove hard stains.
- Sprinkle salt on the bathroom floor and let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Scrub off the salt using a brush or sponge.
- To get rid of salt residue, raise the surface. Here, salt acts as a scouring agent to get rid of a hard stain.
Natural mineral borax has a high alkaline pH, which helps to remove the hard water stains from bathroom tiles. It also neutralizes unpleasant odors in the bathroom and freshens the air.
- Mix a cup of borax with 1 gallon of water
- Then spray the solution on the stained bathroom tiles or wipe it on the marks.
- After some time, scrub the tiles using an old brush or sponge.
The most convenient method to remove hard water stains from bathroom tiles is to hire professional tile and grout cleaning services. There are many reasons why choose a professional tile and grout cleaning service. They are experts in their field, which helps to give the desired result without any fear of damaging the floor.
Removing hard water stains from bathroom tiles can be a difficult task. Taking the necessary precautions can help to get rid of this problem easily. This blog on how to remove hard water stains from bathroom floor tiles entitles all the required methods that will help remove hard water stains and other contaminants from your bathroom.