Have you ever thought about how carpet stains reappear even after steam cleaning? Possibly, you’ve attempted different tricks and tactics. Yet that one spot in your floor covering continues to return, leaving you wondering what causes those spooky reappearing carpet stains.
Truly, the stains aren’t really reappearing; the floor carpet stains were never completely eliminated. The very stain removal moves you’ve made might be the issue.
So, let’s learn what causes them and how to prevent them.
There are two main reasons why they can reappear: wicking and soiling.
The wicking is the consequence of a stain that has splashed through to the carpet backing and into the carpet covering, cushioning, or subfloor.
In the process of removing the deep stains, when you use excess moisture, it over-saturates the area with water penetrating deep into the inner carpet layers. This water and the deeply-steeped stain get trapped underneath the backing.
While you may have taken out the noticeable stain from the surface level, the spill in the backing and cushioning advances back onto the floor carpet fiber strands through reabsorption (like the wick of a candle).
Wicking can also occur due to poor-performance backing systems such as the use of latex. It is a water-soluble element that binds the carpet layers together. So, it absorbs everything spilled, depositing it in the backing and making the stain wick back once the surface dries.
Due to excessive moisture (or over-wetting) and the deeply penetrated stains, this wicking causes spooky reappearing carpet stains that show up once the cleaned area is dried or a few hours or days later.
Soiling happens when the buildup is left over from the cleaning interaction. It’s normally a messy water or cleaning arrangement. On the off chance that you were in a rush (and who isn’t?) and you didn’t altogether blotch and flush the cleaned region, the buildup pulls in the soil, bringing in the dark stains.
Residue can be due to many reasons. When you use soapy detergents while cleaning the carpets manually, or use cleaning products in high amounts, they leave some residue behind if not rinsed thoroughly. Many ordinary, store-bought chemicals leave such residue, causing this soiling problem later.
Soiling can also occur if the stain itself is not eliminated completely. It leaves the spill lingering into the carpet fibers and attracts more dirt to the same spot when it dries.
Tips to Prevent Reappearing of Carpet Stains
1. Avoid over-wetting the carpet while cleaning a stain. This will prevent the moisture to reach the backing and the deeper carpet layers.
2. Treat the spills quickly and absorb as much moisture as possible without letting the stain sit. This way, they do not penetrate deeper and avoid the wicking issue later.
3. Ensure that you remove all of the stains/spills thoroughly without leaving any of its parts left. Any traces of stains/spills will attract dirt and cause the stain to appear again.
4. Ensure that you rinse the carpet thoroughly to not leave any detergent residue left in the carpet layers.
5. Use cleaning products in the right amount. Excessive usage can leave the remnants of the products underneath the layers while re-attracting dirt.
6. Use non-residual carpet cleaner and detergent-free products to spot-clean the stains.
7.Avoid using over-the-counter carpet cleaning products and rather clean the stains with plain hot water or club soda.
8. Use carpets with high-performance backings that have moisture barriers to stop the spills from reaching deeper.
Professional Carpet Cleaning Service is The Answer!
When dealing with stubborn stains, the best way to remove them is by hiring experts. At Infinity Carpet Care, we provide professional carpet cleaning services in Roseville CA.
Our professionals use the right cleaning techniques and quality cleaning products that thoroughly clean your carpets, leaving no residue or wicking.
With our comprehensive cleaning, we eliminate all the chances of recurring stains and bring your carpets back to their pristine shine! Connect with us online or call (916) 289 0177 to get started today.