If you wash your bathroom floors or take a shower bath, then water left behind will evaporate naturally. This water leaves magnesium and calcium spots on your floor tiles. These stains become harder with time and so classified under hard water stains. In this blog, you will study three types of methods to remove hard water stains from bathroom floor tiles.
Three Ways To Remove Hard Water Stains From Bathroom Floor Tiles
1. Make a paste of vinegar and baking soda
- Mix equal amounts of vinegar and baking soda in a bowl.
- Apply it on the stained tile of your bathroom and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Now, scrub the tiles in a circular motion with the help of a sponge or brush.
- Rinse the tiles with clean water and wipe the area with a clean towel.
Note: Get rid of the excess water after rinsing, else there may form new hard water stains.
2. Soak in the vinegar liquid
- Pour a generous amount of vinegar on the affected stained tile area.
- Let the area soaked in the vinegar solution for 5-10 minutes. Then, scrub it with a sponge or brush.
- Rinse the area with clean water. You can also soak a clean cloth in a vinegar solution and then place that cloth on the affected area.
- Again same process, leave cloth for 5-10 minutes, and then scrub it.
3. Use hydrochloric acid
- Purchase the hydrochloric acid from the market. Then, follow the instructions written on the product for its use.
- Wear a mask and gloves before using the acid. Remember, if you use hydrochloric acid in a wrong way, then it may harm your tiles.
- Keep the room well-ventilated and open all the windows. Now, dilute the product as described in the packet or else spray it directly on the affected tiles.
- Allow the solution to sit for the time given in the prescription and then scrub it with a sponge or brush.
Do You Want To Hire Professional Tile And Grout Cleaning Services?
As you have learned three different ways to remove hard water stains from bathroom floor tiles, so apply them accordingly. But, if these DIY ways don’t work on your tiles, then get in touch with the professional tile and grout cleaning services.
To get the best tile and grout cleaning services, contact Infinity Carpet Care in Roseville, CA, location. Our experts are experienced enough to use the best methods and equipment to remove the hardest stains from the tiles. Call us at (916) 289-0177, to get a free quote. Stay updated on our Facebook and Twitter pages for more tips on removing stains from tiles.